As you are well aware, video consumption is at an all-time high and growing. More and more consumers are preferring to watch a video about a product or service than reading about it.
In fact, according to Small Biz Trends, companies using video attract 41% more traffic to their website from search than non-users, and video drives 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines.
Further research from SBT reveals that 74% of users who watched a video to learn more about a product or service subsequently bought it, and 77% of consumers say they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a video.
If you’re not using video in your marketing efforts you’re missing out on a ton of prospects.
Many of you have put together educational videos for your practice members and found that this saves you time in repeated explanations, improves compliance and adds to the member experience. The process really doesn’t have to be much more difficult when putting together these together for prospects.
The challenge that I see with most of you is the not knowing of what to put into your marketing video.
Some YouTube Tips To Get You Started
1. Choose a topic – Determine some of the main pain points or challenges you see with your typical client, make a list and pick one to start.
For instance, if you deal with irritable bowel syndrome you might start with “Here’s the first step in resolving your irritable bowel syndrome”
2. Explain how to do something – The video lesson is not about you but about helping someone right now.
This doesn’t mean you can resolve their challenge, but you can offer some expert advice on an action they can take now.
3. Introduce a service or event – Videos are very powerful in giving people a sense of what your service or product is actually like and what they will experience.
Just make sure it relates to an outcome for them. You can follow-up with an offer for additional education in an event.
4. Include testimonials – There is nothing more powerful than watching someone tell their story about their success.
Now it’s time to start knocking these out.
Tactics You’ll Need to Follow
1. Put your list together of the video lessons you feel will address your prospects pain points the best.
2. Set time each week to do your film production and keep to the schedule.
3. Put together your YouTube channel so you can add videos to your play list each week.
4. Properly tag each video with the appropriate tag words, including your geographic location.
5. Title each video lesson with a killer headline.
6. Add necessary text to video through YouTube tools.
7. Complete with a CTA that may simply offer more opportunities to gain more info. From here you can step up the offer for a webinar, live talk other pre-educational opportunities.
The most important thing to do is just get started. You will not learn how to do this simply by studying.
You’ve got to get in the trenches and start knocking them out. You’ll get better as you go.